Tone It Up Nutrition TipsBy Katrina Scott on
Tone It Up Nutrition TipsMost of you know that we have our Tone It Up Nutrition Plan and membership. We also included some tips below to stay on track! Nutrition is just as important as exercise- if not more, for disease prevention, weight control, energy and vitality. When you put something in your body, remember you're the only one in control of it. Make it count. We want you to lean toward more raw foods, vegetables, fruits and protein. For your dinners, make them lighter for the next 6 weeks. Add more greens to your plate! Drink half your body weight in ounces of water.. at least. Ex 150 lbs = 75 ounces throughout the day. Eat what we call, LEAN, CLEAN & GREEN!!! This is for the 6 weeks.. you can do anything for 6 weeks, right? No heavy white starches (white breads), no large portions of cheeses or fried food. We don't want you to be obsessive. Leave a little wiggle room for your favorite foods. If you want to know how much, or if it's okay to have; Ask us! We never say no.. we just tell you how to make it work. Can I have some cocktails? Yes, you can have the occasional drink. We prefer you to have a glass of red wine a couple times a week, a glass of champagne or a vodka soda with fresh lime or crushed raspberries. Check out some TIU approved cocktails here. If you're on our Nutrition Plan, we include a ton of recipes that we love. Cheers! Put those fat storing carbohydrates down and pick up the good ones.
- The word 'carb' has become scary. Carbs are vital! They're how you burn fat. Carbohydrate must be present to burn fat in your body. Remember in science class? "Fat burns in a carbohydrate flame." It just needs to be the TIU kind of carbs.
- Replace processed & packaged carbs with GOOD carbohydrates for fiber, nutrients, balanced blood sugar levels and to tone up! Ex: sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice, whole wheat wraps, brown rice wraps, oatmeal & whole grain cereals.
- Load up on veggies, fruit & nuts/seeds instead of chips or crackers! Most crackers are high in fat & butter - even the all natural kinds. Check your labels :) If you ever have any doubt.. tweet a pic or post on facebook.. 'is this TIU approved?' If you can make your way around the grocery store and buy mostly foods that aren't packaged, but natural and fresh, then you're GOLDEN GIRL!
- Processed/packaged carbs to avoid.. crackers, chips, white breads, sugary cereals, white pasta & candy.
- What about dessert? We love our sweets!! Life is meant to enjoy what you love. Some TIU approved desserts... dark chocolate - in moderation of course. Lately we've been into 'cocoa dusted almonds'. If you're in the mood for ice cream, blend up some frozen bananas or fruit with frozen ice cubes made of almond milk and Greek yogurt. Add a little almond butter or peanut butter! We're always releasing new tricks to eating sweets, so don't worry. You won't be deprived. Check out our chocolate cake and 3 ingredient cookies!
- Have you seen our post on hydration? Hydration is KEY in keeping your metabolism high and your body functioning as a fat burning machine. So drink up ladies.
Find many more delicious recipes and learn how to fuel your body to stay energized on your Tone It Up Nutrition Plan! Learn more about the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan here ~ We want YOU to be our next Tone It Up Girl Success Story!
Karena & Katrinahttps://tiu-assets.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.comTone It Up Nutrition Tips - - - Most of you know that we have our <a href="http://toneitupplan.com" target="_blank">Tone It Up Nutrition Plan</a> and membership. We also included some tips below to stay on track! Nutrition is just as important as exercise- if not more, for disease prevention, weight control, energy and vitality.https://tiu-assets.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com