The Tone It Up 100 Mile ChallengeBy Katrina Scott on
1. What does 100 miles by ((a certain date or holiday)) mean? Do toning workouts count toward 'miles'?We have challenged you all to completing 100 miles of cardio ~ #100byChristmas or #150byChristmas for all of you advanced hunnies. This means, we want you to complete at least 100 miles of cardio by the December 31st. The average is 2 miles per day from now until New Years. You CAN definitely do this, and we're all holding you accountable. It's amazing to think we can accomplish a full 100 miles this holiday season! By completing this mile challenge, you'll be getting daily slimming cardio sessions! Remember, we want you to complete at least 20-30 minutes of cardio every day! That's only 2% of your DAY!!! See all of our favorite cardio routines HERE. What counts as ‘MILES’? Any cardio activity like jogging, running, biking, swimming, dancing, jump roping and any additional movement you add to your day that makes you glow! By definition, cardio means an exercise that elevates your heart rate and keeps it there for a sustained period of time. Toning workouts, while essential, do not count towards your cardio challenge. We want you to complete both toning & cardio every day to maximize your results and get you to your goals faster. HIIT workouts, however, do count towards your miles! When you complete a HIIT routine from your Beach Babe DVD, count every 10 minutes as 1 mile!
- Biking: Divide your miles by 3. ex. 9 miles = 3 miles
- Swimming: multiply by 3! ex. 1 mile swim = 3 miles
- Beach Babe DVD: 40 minute HIIT = 4 miles!
- Dancing: 1 hour intense = 4 miles
Also, A TIU girl made these charts! Thanks Amy :) She made 150 miles too :) Download your #100bySummer or #150bySummer charts HERE!
INSANE CARDIOTo download your printable~ right click this LINK and choose ‘SAVE AS!’
2. I'm not a runner... but I want to incorporate running into my routine.We have some amazing running tips in a 3 part SERIES!
- Part 1 of the Running Series goes though the basics like how to get started, and how to increase your milage if you've been running for a while.
- Part 2 of the Running Series gives you tips on choosing the right running shoe for your foot, and the best gear to throw on when you're heading out for that run!
- Part 3 Of the Running Series talks about how to properly fuel your body before and after your run!
3. I don't have time to prepare a lot of healthy meals per day. What are your suggestions?We're with you! As busy women ourselves, we're always coming up with ideas to make healthy eating easier while working or on-the-go. This applies to all of our students, nurses, business women and full-time moms!
Prepare for success! We recommend you food prep on Sundays (or on any day that you have a couple hours) to put together a few lunches and make sure you have all of your groceries for the week. This is more fitness related, but we also like setting aside our gym bag or workout needs with everything we need for 3 days ahead so there's no scrambling or forgetting your headphones, socks or sneakers!
Crockpot recipes for dinner! These recipes are amazing, and they really help you stay on track during busy days.
Don't get overwhelmed thinking you need to be a health food chef for the next couple months. Sometimes the simplest things are the most healthy and delicious. Think LEAN, CLEAN AND GREEN! One of our favorite lunches is to put lean protein, hummus or Greek yogurt with vegetables into a wrap or collard green. It's fast and healthy. Have an apple with almond butter and some coconut water and you're golden! A quick dinner idea is to take your favorite vegetables (peppers, brussels sprouts, mushrooms) and place them on a pan with some almond oil and spices. Bake or Broil them alongside a piece of fish, chicken or tempeh and voila! You have yourself a lean dish of roasted vegetables and protein :) See more recipe ideas HERE and of course, if you haven't seen our Nutrition Plan and recipes, read more about it here.
We also put together some of our top nutrition tips are HERE for choosing the right foods!
We designed the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan with other busy women in mind! If you haven't seen our program, read more about it here. It's a complete guide that shows you what to eat and when, so you get lean while fueling your body! So many women have reached their goals to live a happy, healthy, energetic life by using the plan ~ Join the team today!
Learn everything you need to completely transform your body, build lean muscle and enjoy the healthy, energetic life you’re meant to be living! ~ Join the team TODAY! ~
For all of you just joining the Nutrition Program~ WELCOME!! It will truly be the best decision you’ve ever made for your health and happiness.