Abs are made with your Tone It Up App workouts, but revealed with your nutrition plan! You’ve heard us say it before, and it’s so important to remember. That’s why we added an entire recipe section to your app!
When we first created your app, we wanted it to be a place where the TIU Community could come together, work out, and support each other. And now it’s so much more than that! There are recipes, nutrition guidelines, fitness articles, and badges! We looooove the new badges feature because every achievement is worth celebrating!
This week, we have a little nutrition challenge for you: find 5 new recipes you LOVE in your TIU App! Favorite them and make them this week. When you favorite 5 new recipes you’ll see a special TIU Chef achievement in the badge section of your profile. Share it with us on Instagram with the hashtag #TIUTeam and tell us the recipes you’re most excited to make!
PS — Starting next week, your Weekly Inspo will be exclusively in your email!
Your Tone It Up Workouts!
This week has IT ALL!
TIU In The Kitchen
Here are 3 easy recipes we LOVE to get you started on this week’s nutrition challenge! Find these recipes (and more!) in your TIU App! Favorite & make 5 new recipes this week and you'll spot a special TIU Chef achievement added to the badge section in your profile!
Lemon & Macadamia Mini Muffins
M1, M2, M4
1 cup coconut flour
3 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
Zest from 1 meyer lemon
Juice from 2 meyer lemons
1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or almond yogurt
2 Tbsp. chopped macadamia nuts
Coconut oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with coconut oil spray.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix all wet ingredients and zest in a separate bowl. Add wet ingredients into dry. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If your muffin mix is dry, add more almond milk (about 1 Tbsp. at a time) until you get a thick batter consistency.
3. Mix in the nuts or add the nuts on top of the muffins before you bake them.
4. Pour mixture into prepared muffin tin. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on your muffins as oven temperatures vary.
5. Makes 24 mini muffins (serving size is 3 mini muffins)
Curried Cauliflower & Kale Salad
1 large bunch of tuscan kale, de-stemmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. olive oil
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small pieces (you can also use a bag of prepared cauliflower)
2 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
⅓ cup water
1 avocado, diced
½ cup roasted red peppers
¼ cup toasted cashews
For The Dressing
1 cup plain or almond yogurt
½ cup fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
5 cloves of fresh garlic
Pinch of salt to taste
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1. Massage kale with 1 tsp. olive oil and a pinch of sea salt in a large bowl.
2. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the crushed garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon,
3. Add the cauliflower, red pepper flakes, a pinch of sea salt, and curry powder to the skillet. Stir in the water. Cover and cook, stirring every so often until the cauliflower is tender and golden brown. Remove from heat.
4. Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
5. Toss kale in the dressing. Top with cauliflower, avocado, red peppers, and toasted almonds.
Avocado Ginger Chia Seed Pudding
2 ripe avocados
1 tsp. fresh minced ginger
Juice from 1 lemon (feel free to add more lemon to taste!)
2 Tbsp. raw honey (or more if you want your pudding a bit sweeter)
1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
Optional toppings: bee pollen, fresh berries, coconut flakes, honey drizzle
1. Add all ingredients, except for chia seeds and garnish, to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Empty avocado mix into a small bowl. Check for taste and add more lemon and/or honey if desired. Fold in chia seeds.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Add toppings and enjoy!
TIU Community Spotlight!
Use the hashtag #TIUTeam and #TIU21 and share your self-care tips, post-workout selfies, and all of your incredible accomplishments with the Tone It Up Community. <3
Love HIIT, strength training, and yoga? Join us in the Tone It Up app for hundreds of fun and effective workouts you can do right at home!