Slow Cooker Turkey Chili!By Tone It Up on
Who doesn't love throwing a bunch of stuff in a slow cooker and coming home to deliciousness?! This turkey chili even won my fiancé over who typically hates my healthy swap out recipes.
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili!
- 1 lb of antibiotic free ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounces) can of organic diced tomatoes in juice - sometimes i use the crushed tomatoes in juice, but i have been liking this variety instead
- 1 large onion, diced (white or yellow, I had yellow in the fridge)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of light kidney beans, drained and washed
- 1 can of dark kidney beans, drained and washed
- 1 can of garbonzo beans, drained and washed
- 1 green and red pepper, diced
- 1/3 of a cup of tomato paste
- 2-3 TB of chili powder
- 1 TB of cumin
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 2 cups of quinoa pasta (if you like your chili with pasta as i sometimes do:))
- Heat a large pan with coconut oil and add the onion and garlic until fragrant (about 2 min), add the ground turkey and brown mixing in the onions and garlic so it seasons the turkey. Once browned, separate the cookies juices from the ground turkey and place the turkey in the slow cooker.
- Add in all the ingredients to the slow cooker and depending on your timeframe, cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hrs. If you are adding quinoa pasts, cook until al dente and then add to the slow cooker during the last 30 min so it can soak up the yummy juices and seasoning. Note - i like mine extra spicy, so i typically amp up the cayenne to 3 tsp