Cozy Slow Cooker Chili RecipeBy Tone It Up on
We have the perfect dinner recipe for busy winter weeknights! This delicious turkey chili has been a go-to for us lately. It’s warming, comforting, and cozy — plus it’s packed with protein and veggies so it’s super satisfying.
Make it in the slow cooker, so you can set it and forget it! You can also make a big batch on Sunday to enjoy all week. It’s really the easiest way to cook!
Cozy Chili Recipe
Makes 2 servings
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. chipotle powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt + more as needed
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional, to taste)
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups diced butternut squash (about ½ large butternut squash)
- 1 cup dry beluga lentils (or lentils of your choice)
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (try fire roasted for a smoky flavor!)
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 4 - 5 leaves lacinato kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, jalapeño, and spice mix. Mix to coat and then add the ground turkey. Cook turkey until it is no longer pink. Add turkey mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add the bell pepper, butternut squash, lentils, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable stock, and maple syrup, and stir well.
- Cook on low for approximately 7 hours or on high for about 4 hours.
- Once chili is done, add finely chopped lacinato kale. Stir to combine and enjoy!
Looking for more delicious dinner recipes? You’ll find hundreds of options in the nutrition section of your Tone It Up app!