Donut Miss These Delicious RecipesBy Katrina Scott on
Chocolate donuts post-workout? Donut mind if we do 😉 🍩
What’s so amazing about TIU donuts is that they’re made with plant-based, gluten-free, non-GMO Tone It Up Protein instead of flour and natural sweeteners like maple syrup and cocoa powder instead of sugar. Protein helps boost your metabolism and form lean muscle. Plus, dark chocolate can actually help you retain energy during moderate intensity exercise. So they really are the perfect post-workout snack!
We also love that you can make one easy chocolate donut recipe, and then switch it up every time with different toppings!
Chocolate Donuts Recipe
GET YOUR BASE GOING:
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
Coconut oil spray
DIRECTIONS:1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Stir all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add wet ingredients and optional dark chocolate chips to the bowl & mix until combined.
3. Spray donut tins with coconut oil and scoop batter into each one. Bake for 15 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean!
TOP IT OFF:
Choose your fave of these optional toppings!- Coconut glaze: 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil + 2 Tbsp. organic powdered sugar
- Pomegranate glaze: 2 Tbsp. organic powdered sugar + 1 Tbsp. pomegranate powder + 2 Tbsp. almond milk
- Matcha glaze: 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut yogurt + 1 tsp. matcha
- Melted peanut butter or almond butter drizzle
- Melted dark chocolate drizzle
- Dark chocolate chips
- Cinnamon sprinkled on top
Inspo From The TIU Team 🍩 😍
Looking for more healthy sweet treats?! We have tons of delicious recipes in the nutrition section of your TIU app!