Cozy Snow Day RecipesBy Katrina Scott on
Spiced Hazelnut Collagen Cocoa Recipe
Makes 1 large or 2 small servings
2 cups your fave nut milk
2 pitted dates
1 Tbsp. cacao powder
½ tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. chipotle powder (or cayenne)
Pinch of sea salt 1 tsp. coconut oil
DIRECTIONS:1. Add all ingredients except the coconut oil to a blender and blend well.
2. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan. Add the coconut oil and heat on medium-low until very warm and the coconut oil has melted. Pour into mugs and enjoy!
Tofu, Mushroom, & Miso Soup Recipe
Makes 4 servings
3 oz. fresh shiitake mushrooms
3 oz. fresh cremini mushrooms
8 cups water
1 large carrot, cut crosswise into 4-5 pieces
1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
1 ½ Tbsp. low-sodium tamari
Peel from 1 lemon
⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
½ tsp. ground black pepper
¼ cup white miso paste
1 brick (14 oz.) firm tofu, cut into ¼-inch cubes
4 cups packed baby spinach or green chard
DIRECTIONS:1. Separate the stems from the mushrooms and place them in a slow cooker. Slice the mushroom tops into ¼-inch-thick slices; keep them covered and chilled in the refrigerator.
2. Trim the roots off the scallions and cut each one crosswise into thirds. Toss the white and light green pieces into the slow cooker. Thinly slice the dark green pieces; keep them covered and chilled in the refrigerator.
3. Add water, carrots, ginger, tamari, lemon peel, and turmeric to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on the low setting for 6 hours.
4. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cooked vegetables.
5. Whisk miso into the broth then add the reserved mushroom tops, tofu, and spinach. Stir to combine, cover, and let sit until vegetables are tender and tofu is warmed through, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with thinly sliced scallions.
Cinnamon Banana Bread Recipe
Makes 12 - 14 servings
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups almond or coconut flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
Dash of salt
Coconut oil spray
Optional add- ins:
¼ cup chocolate chips
¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
DIRECTIONS:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and stir.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Add your toppings of choice. Combine all ingredients.
5. Spray a baking pan with coconut oil and add the batter.
6. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!