The Simplest Snacks To Grab & Go (Or Stay!)By Katrina Scott on
Snacking sometimes gets a bad rap, but really these mini meals keep our energy up and our metabolism revved throughout the day. So actually, snacking smart is KEY to getting the most from your workouts and feeling your best. Throughout the last year or so, we’ve actually found ourselves grazing more — having smaller meals strategically throughout the day.
The secret to smart snacking is keeping it really simple. You don’t need to get fancy or overthink it! Whether you’re on-the-go or at home running between Zoom meetings or mama duties, you want something you can literally just grab and have right there when you want it.
We’re rounding up some of our all-time favorite healthy snacks that are so easy they take less than 2 minutes to prep...or require no prep at all!
Tone It Up Approved Snacks
These are SO good as an on-the-go afternoon snack or a treat after dinner. Soft, chewy, delicious...with 10 grams of plant-based protein. We’re obsessed with the classic chocolate chip!
Now even more decadent and flavorful! Are you a Birthday Cake or Peanut Butter Chocolate girl..or both? ;)
More Tone It Up Approved Snacks
- Easy Protein Smoothie ~ Blend 1 scoop vanilla Tone It Up Protein, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, ½ cup ice, and 1 tsp. cinnamon for a super simple afternoon pick-me-up.
- Protein Mini Muffins ~ You’ll find tons of amazing recipes in your TIU app! Prep ‘em on Sundays and enjoy all week.
- Greek, coconut, or almond yogurt topped with berries, 1 tsp. chia seeds, + 2 tsp. cacao nibs
- Veggie “chips” (we love cucumbers, baby carrots, and bell peppers) + ¼ cup hummus, guac, or salsa
- Homemade trail mix ~ 1/4 cup fave nuts + 1 tsp. unsweetened shredded coconut + cinnamon
- Sliced apple + cinnamon + 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 8 oz. fresh green juice + ¼ cup nuts
- ¼ cup dried fruit ~ Look for a variety with no added sugar
- Beef jerky ~ Look for a natural brand with minimal ingredients and sodium
- Chia seed pudding ~ Find an easy recipe in your app. You can prep this one in advance too!