Celebrate Cinco De Mayo With Us! TIU Approved Tacos & MargaritasBy Katrina Scott on
Hey chica! It's Cinco De Mayo time!! 💃Give us alllll the tacos, margs, and guac! We're sharing delicious AND healthy recipes so you can throw a #TIUapproved fiesta at home! These super easy tacos and margaritas are featured from your nutrition plan in the Tone It Up App! It'll be something to taco 'bout 😉🌮
Summer Avo TacosMakes 2 servings Ingredients:
1⁄4 of a rotisserie chicken, shredded (or 6 oz. grilled tempeh)
1 avocado, diced
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1⁄4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Pinch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
4 corn tortillas
1⁄2 cup pico de gallo
1⁄4 cup quick pickled onions
1. In a small bowl, mash together avocado, lime juice, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and pepper.
2. Heat tortillas on the stovetop directly over the flames of a gas burner using tongs to flip until edges are a bit charred. If you don’t have a gas burner, you can heat tortillas in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
3. Spread mashed avocado on tortillas. Top with rotisserie chicken, pico de gallo, pickled onions, and cilantro.
Blood Orange MargaritaMakes 1 serving Ingredients:
Kosher salt and lime wedge to rim the glass
1 1⁄2 oz. silver tequila
3 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lime juice
2 Tbsp. fresh blood orange juice (regular OJ works too!)
1 tsp. light agave nectarDirections:
1. To rim the glass, pour a thin layer of kosher salt on a small plate. Rub the lime wedge around the rim of a glass and then dip in the salt.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all ingredients and shake well for about 30 seconds. Strain into the rimmed glass over ice.
3. Garnish with a fresh lime and blood orange slice.