Healthy & Delicious Lemon Macadamia Mini Muffin RecipeBy Katrina Scott on
Morning gorgeous! We have a treat for you today...Lemon Macadamia Mini Muffins from your new Summer Series Meal Plan! These are perfect for a quick on-the-go breakfast and snack ~ the flavors are light, bright, and so delicious! They're made with clean, gluten-free, plant-based Tone It Up Protein, so they'll refuel you post-workout too. Check out the recipe plus a step-by-step video below. Enjoy babe!
Lemon & Macadamia Nut Mini Muffins
Makes 24 mini muffins (serving size is 3 mini muffins)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3 scoops vanilla Tone It Up Protein
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Zest from 1 Meyer lemon
- Juice from 2 Meyer lemons
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or almond yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped macadamia nuts
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with coconut oil spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix all wet ingredients and zest in a separate bowl. Add wet ingredients into dry. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If your muffin mix is dry, add more almond milk (about 1 Tbsp. at a time) until you get a thick batter consistency.
- Mix in the nuts or add the nuts on top of the muffins before you bake them.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tin. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on your muffins as oven temperatures vary.