Sweet Pea Guacamole! - It's spring time and green peas are in season! This tasty legume is a great source of protein and fiber, making it a nutrient packed addition to traditional guacamole. We love how they kick up the vibrant green color while adding a subtle sweetness to one of our favorite #TIUapproved dips! Plus, it's 100% TIU approved! Serve these up during your Cinco De Mayo celebrations!
- INGREDIENTS: avocado, fresh or frozen peas (if frozen, thaw before using), red onion, finely chopped, cilantro, lemon, juiced, garlic powder, a dash of salt.
- Remove the avocado from it's skin and seed. Put into a small bowl and lightly smash. It's okay if it's still al little chunky at this point!
- In a food processor, add the peas and blend until completely smooth. Transfer this mixture to the avocado bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and smash until you've reached your desired consistency! If you like it smoother, smash for a little longer!
- Serve with TIU approved crackers, chips or carrots and cucumbers!
- Feel like spicing it up? Add 1/4 finely chopped jalapeño for an extra kick!